Joint Lock Ring
- Allows for full penetration joint welding with no internal cement contamination in the weld zone.
- Allows for mechanical and nondestructive testing of the finished weld.
- Allows for a reduction in pipe wall thickness and weld time over partial joint penetration designs.
- Replaces a challenged industry standard for joining cement lined pipe.
- Accomplished a permanent inside pipe shoulder for cement lining containment and protection that is out of the weld
- Joint Lock Rings can be factory installed in all straight pipe and loose fittings to be butt welded in the field.
- Joint Lock Rings (loose) can be easily installed in the field after cutting and beveling the pipe.
- Shop quality internal cement lining patches can be accomplished by installation crews in all “cut to fit” field
- joint applications.
- Some designs of the joint lock ring utilize an o-ring gasket that provides a secondary pressure seal that will
- safe guard the environment in the event of a weld failure.
- Joint Lock Rings can be used with all designs of cement lining.
- The joint lock ring base material, ID coatings and o-ring seals can be engineered and adapted to meet specific
- pipe grades , various service conditions and fluid types.